Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our customers and staff. That’s why we’re closely following Health Canada’s guidelines for both our in-home and in-shop services.
In-Home Installation and Repair
You can now book in-home repair services at Comp Doc Computers. We are available to assist you
Mon-Sat 8.00 am to 7.00 pm.
When choosing Comp Doc Computers for installation or repair, services the technician is expected to adhere to the same safety precautions as the Ministry of Health has outlined.
Please note: Clients, Comp Doc Computers Staff, are expected to adhere to the provincial health regulations regarding face masks or coverings. In the case where a province or a region no longer requires persons to wear a mask, you and our staff are of course required to still wear a mask while we are on-site performing work.
Here are the important steps we’re taking before, during and after your in-home service to keep everyone safe.
Before your in-home service
We’ll call you the day before or the day of your appointment in advance of our visit to go over the following:
• Let you know that we’ll be following Health Canada’s guidelines to keep everyone protected.
• Let you know that the technician(s) visiting your home are not ill.
• Confirm that you are not ill with flu-like symptoms or in quarantine from possible exposure to COVID-19.
• Discuss the safety precautions we’ll be taking during your in-home service.
• Confirm that you’d like to proceed with your in-home service.
If you’re ill or quarantined, or if you don’t want to continue with the appointment, we can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Here’s how we’ll prepare for our visit:
• Before showing up, we perform a self-health check.
• We wear clean clothes for each workday.
• We perform regular health checks with a manager before heading to your home.
• We restock our vehicles with masks, gloves, disinfectant wipes and spray, workspace and our vaccinations are all up to date.
• We clean and disinfect our laptops and mobile devices regularly.
During your in-home service
What you can expect before the work:
• We’ll put on protective gear before we enter your home.
• We’ll keep a 6-foot distance from you as we enter (and for the duration of our visit).
• We may go over the five points from our phone call once again.
We’ll take these actions to keep everyone safe during the work:
• We’ll use protective gear, including masks, as per provincial regulations, and may wear protective glasses and rubber gloves.
• We’ll prepare a workspace by marking a perimeter that gives us enough room to work in, and that provides a safe amount of distance from you and your family.
• We’ll clean and disinfect all surfaces we’ll be touching. We’ll also follow manufacturer guidelines and use the correct material to safely clean your product.
• After the work is complete, we’ll provide a demo of your product, with you watching at a safe distance.
After your in-home service
Our safety precautions continue even after we leave your home. Before our next in-home visit, we’ll clean and disinfect all tools and supplies. And when we return to our location at the end of the day, we will:
• Place returned products or haul-away items in a designated area to be quarantined and sanitized.
• Properly dispose of all safety supplies and trash.
• Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces in our vehicles.
• File only the minimum required paperwork for each in-home service (which no customer has ever touched).
• Wash our clothing and reusable materials at home.
Comp Doc Computers Support
You may experience longer wait times due to high demand. We are doing our best to serve the number of Clients we can support.
We can remove viruses, help set up your new device, and much more!